Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a highly-motivated energetic Project Manager who embodies Zymeworks culture of innovate, act with integrity, collaborate and care (for our patients, our communities and our team).
Are you right for this job?
The Zymeworks Research Project Management team is looking for a biopharma industry professional with experience in managing research stage projects. The PM will be responsible for ensuring the operational excellence of research phase programs, including oversight and coordination of deliverables, timelines and budget. The successful candidate will facilitate cross-functional activities to develop and execute on research project plans for multiple early stage projects. This position will report to a member of the Research Project Management group and is based in Vancouver, BC or Seattle, WA.
- Provides management and operational support in the achievement of research project objectives. Works cross functionally with team leads and management to generate project plans. Monitors progress against the plan, drives execution and assumes joint accountability with team leads and management for timelines, deliverables and budgets.
- Anticipates and identifies project risks, contributes to mitigation strategies and contingencies and supports timely action plans and issue resolution.
- Liaises with CROs; prepares SOWs; schedules, monitors and reports progress on internal and external activities required for project progression.
- Schedules and chairs project team, and departmental meetings. Responsible for meeting agendas, minutes and follow-up of action items.
- With team leads and management, generates program status updates and program review communications.
- Leads the preparation of project budgets, updates of forecasts and issuance of variance explanations.
- Adheres to records management and internal quality control SOPs.
- As applicable, opportunity to work closely with the Alliance Manager Lead on external alliance(s), to monitor internal team progress against timelines and budget, and take part in external team meetings.
- Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees, management and external partners.
- Is the client facing Project Manager for the Oncology department and is responsible for management of departmental budgets and meetings.
- BSc or MSc in a relevant discipline, Oncology or Immunology background is an asset
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry
- Proficiency with MS Office, utilization of PM software (Smartsheet, MS Project or other Gantting software).
- Experience with business intelligence tools (eg Tableau) is an asset
- PMP certification preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and tactfully with Project Leads, and functional area representatives to create a positive work environment, build effective teams and influence project team performance
- Exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of efficiency and accuracy while maintaining a broad strategic perspective.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, analytically and respond in a broad range of activities with a high level of independence
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to professionally interact with Project Leads, functional area representatives, CROs.
- Demonstrated initiative and the willingness to work closely with members of a research team to diagnose problems and generate potential solutions to ensure issues are resolved quickly and appropriately.
Why work for us?
At Zymeworks, we stand for innovation, integrity, collaboration and care.
We come from many countries, cultures, races, ethnicities, abilities and nationalities. We bring our passions including singing, biking, swimming, dancing, cooking, volunteering, parenting, coaching and much more! We are proud of our nearly equal balance of men and women and strengthened by our non-binary and transgender team members. Every employee belongs.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at https://zymeworks.bamboohr.com/jobs/.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Zymeworks values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners. We will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Zymeworks is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received without contract.