Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
About the Position
Zymeworks is seeking a highly-motivated professional who is looking to grow their career with our company.
This position will report to the Senior Director, Development Program Management and will be based in Seattle, WA.
- Leads the project planning process, monitors progress and drives execution.
- Leads and facilitates the preparation of project budgets and ensures appropriate review.
- Develops and maintains detailed timelines and key milestones, ensuring alignment of functional team members and overall program strategy.
- Analyzes critical path, evaluates potential means to accelerate the pace or mitigate identified risks, and plans contingencies with input from various functions.
- Creates communication plans, maintains open and proactive lines of communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manages contractors and vendors by preparing SOWs, evaluating project schedules, monitoring and reporting on progress and managing meetings.
- Prepares project dashboards and progress reports, identifying, anticipating, and resolving issues which threaten project timeline and/or budget.
- Facilitates collaboration by ensuring team members understand project objectives, specifications, deliverables, timelines and tasks.
Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor's degree in science and a minimum of 8 years of related experience required. We will consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PMP certification or equivalent training that expands knowledge in this field preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage concurrent deliverables and work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional teams and to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to lead by example and to establish an environment fostering effective and collaborative working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- A track record of successfully coordinating complex, multi-faceted clinical projects while demonstrating ownership and accountability for the timelines, budgets and deliverables.
- Ability to successfully prioritize and manage competing demands
- Ability to refine project plan/timelines to meet critical milestones.
- Ability to manage resources (budget/personnel/time)
- Proven personnel management and mentorship skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office, utilization of PM software (MS Project or other Gantting software).
Why work for us?
Innovation. Act with Integrity. Collaboration. Care
We come from many countries, cultures, races, ethnicities, abilities and nationalities. We bring our passions including singing, biking, swimming, dancing, cooking, volunteering, parenting, coaching and much more! We are proud of our nearly equal balance of men and women and strengthened by our non-binary and transgender team members. Every employee belongs.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at https://zymeworks.bamboohr.com/jobs/.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Zymeworks values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners. We will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Zymeworks is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received without contract.