Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics, initially focused on the treatment of cancer. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is looking for a Director-level Alliance Management professional to join a dynamic and results-driven team to manage core international partnerships.
This position will report to the Vice President, Business Development and Alliance Management and will be based in Seattle, WA.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serves as key point of contact for, amongst others, a key international partner, coordinating across organizations to ensure partnership goals are achieved and governance processes are utilized
- Definition and execution of vision and strategic direction for alliance management practices for current and future alliances
- Manage alliance renegotiation and expansion opportunities
- Recommend governance structures for alliances and ensure their appropriate implementation and functioning
- Expert in coordinating and coaching teams to navigate different organizational cultures and integrate information and needs across functional areas
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-graduate degree (business/relevant scientific discipline) and a minimum of 10 years’ related experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 5 years of leading alliances, including an alliance for a clinical stage therapeutics program, including POC and registrational studies
- Comprehensive understanding of contracts as related to alliance portfolio
- Impeccable judgement and business savvy
- Ability to communicate clearly, openly and consistently, internally and externally and to confidently and accurately speak on company’s behalf
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage concurrent deliverables and work effectively in a challenging, milestone-driven environment
- A strong understanding of pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry, drug development process and trends, competitor landscape and business strategy
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and ethics
- Results-oriented with excellent attention to detail
- Mandarin language skills a plus
- Travel is approximately 15% domestic and international with flexible work hours to accommodate meetings in the evenings
Why Work for Us?
Innovation. Act with Integrity. Collaboration. Care
We come from many countries, cultures, races, ethnicities, abilities and nationalities. We bring our passions including singing, biking, swimming, dancing cooking, volunteering, parenting, coaching and much more! We are proud of our nearly equal balance of men and women and strengthened by our non-binary and transgender team members. Every employee belongs.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at https://zymeworks.bamboohr.com/jobs/.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Zymeworks values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners. We will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Zymeworks is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received without contract.