Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a highly-motivated professional who is looking to grow their career with our company.
This position will report to the Executive Medical Director or Vice President, Clinical Research and will be based in Seattle, WA or Vancouver, BC.
- Provides medical/scientific, strategic and operational expertise and support for the planning and execution of IND filings, early and late stage clinical trials.
- Provides expert opinion on the pathophysiology and diagnosis of disease, existing and emerging treatments and unmet medical needs to inform key medical and business decisions.
- Conducts medical monitoring of clinical trials; writes protocols, informed consent documents; responds to questions from regulatory agencies, institutional review boards and ethics committees; reviews clinical data, case report forms and ensures final accuracy of clinical trial data for clinical study reports.
- Conducts safety monitoring, oversees conduct of clinical sites for adherence to both company standards, and government/industry regulations (GCP/ICH); supports development of investigator brochures; trains investigators and travels to clinical sites to build relationships with investigators and study teams in support of study enrollment.
- Institutes and continuously improves operating procedures ensuring best practices.
- Establishes appropriate strategic partnerships with centers of excellence, advocacy groups and KOLs in the areas of scientific interest.
- Collaborates closely with key stakeholders to ensure tight strategic integration of product development plans and strategies. Plans and develops content for advisory meetings with opinion leaders and for medical symposia.
- Participates in review of medical materials to ensure content is medically appropriate and compliant with internal and external requirements.
- Keeps up to date on current relevant therapeutic areas through familiarity with literature, attendance at meetings, conventions and professional associations.
Qualifications and Experience
MD or equivalent, with a minimum of 5 years of biotech or pharmaceutical experience in oncology drug development . Oncology fellowship training and ABIM Oncology certification preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to lead through example.
- Strong understanding of clinical trials process with demonstrated ability to have designed and implemented programs and initiatives directed towards defined strategic objectives.
- Early stage development and regulatory experience preferable.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage concurrent deliverables and work effectively in a challenging, milestone-driven environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think and act strategically, anticipate road-blocks and map out next steps.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity, ethics and professionalism.
- Knowledge of scientific methods, research design and medical practices and procedures.
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate scientific results.
- Ability to travel.
Why Work for Us?
Innovation. Act with Integrity. Collaboration. Care
We come from many countries, cultures, races, ethnicities, abilities and nationalities. We bring our passions including singing, biking, swimming, dancing, cooking, volunteering, parenting, coaching and much more! We are proud of our nearly equal balance of men and women and strengthened by our non-binary and transgender team members. Every employee belongs.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at https://zymeworks.bamboohr.com/jobs/.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Zymeworks values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners. We will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Zymeworks is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received without contract.