Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a Senior or Principal scientist to join the Pharmacology team within the Translational Sciences group to assess the therapeutic potential of pipeline candidates in preclinical in vivo immuno-oncology experiments. The successful candidate will be part of dynamic and highly motivated team responsible for supporting pipeline program advancement. The candidate will be challenged to critically analyze results and contribute to the Zymeworks team effort to create best-in-class therapeutics.
This position reports to the Director, Pharmacology and will be based in either Seattle, WA or Vancouver, BC.
• Represents Pharmacology group on immuno-oncology pipeline project teams from hit-to-lead through preclinical development.
• Develops strategic plans of pharmacology experiments on immuno-oncology pipeline project teams in collaboration with project team to assess efficacy and establish PK/PD relationships.
• Designs, manages, executes, and analyzes in vivo experiments.
• Presents data from in vivo experiments to project teams and Pharmacology group.
• Provides input into and champions/adheres to best practices and timelines.
• Authors electronic lab notebook, reports, and contributes to writing sections of regulatory documents.
• May lead a group of scientific and technical staff. Provides leadership, mentorship and scientific/technical guidance.
• Participates in industry activities, conferences and professional research meetings and contributes to technical journals.
• Actively works to foster an environment of effective and collaborative working relationships amongst employees, management and external partners.
Qualifications and Experience
• PhD in immunology, pharmacology, cancer biology, or a related scientific discipline and a minimum of 5 to 8+ years related experience.
• Direct experience performing immuno-oncology in vivo experiments in syngeneic models and humanized mouse models.
• Understanding and direct experience of ex vivo immune cell analysis by multi-color flow cytometry.
• Strong immunology background.
• Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional scientific project.
• Clear and effective oral communication and scientific/technical writing skills. Ability to present data at team meetings and interdepartmental meetings.
• Experience working with contract research organizations is preferred.
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.