Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a highly-motivated professional who is looking to grow their career with our company.
Zymeworks is seeking an Associate Scientist, Bioinformatics who will be responsible for the development and application of bioinformatics tools that will advance our in-house technology platforms for antibody engineering, discovery and therapeutic development. Working in the Technology group, s/he will collaborate closely with protein engineering, antibody discovery, modeling, simulation and translational informatics team members to advance novel and innovative biological data integration solutions.
This position will report to the Senior Scientist, Technology Integration and Bioinformatics and will be based in Vancouver, BC.
• Develops and implements bioinformatics tools for applications in protein engineering and antibody discovery towards biologics drug optimization and research.
• Manages and works across the bioinformatics tool pipeline. Works with other scientific research teams to gather requirements, specification, plan development, implement, validate and support application of novel bioinformatics tools.
• Develops and supports advanced screening and sequencing technologies-based antibody repertoire data analysis in early stage biotherapeutic discovery.
• Works on the development of novel protein and antibody sequence bioinformatics methods.
• Collaborates with the software development group for the implementation of user-friendly computational tools.
• Develops and implements robust data analysis techniques for the interpretation of experimental and in silico data. Participates in the analysis, visualization and communication of output.
• Participates in the development of rigorous documentation and standard operating procedures.
• Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees, management and external partners.
Qualifications and Experience
• Requires a PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science or related field and a minimum of 0 to 2 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong background in Molecular Biology, antibody structure and sequence analysis
• Experienced in the analysis of Next Generation Sequencing results and an understanding of application of NGS to therapeutic discovery and research
• Proficient in R, Python or any other programming language
• Experienced in implementing and validating bioinformatics methods
• Experienced in the application of machine learning algorithms for data analysis
• Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in spoken and written English
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.